Branch Contact Role Description
- This role description is only a guideline and each branch may require something slightly different. CAMRA kernow have combined this role with that of Press Officer.
Purpose of the Role
- To act as the main Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) contact for the Branch.
- The Branch Contact is likely to receive all correspondence from within CAMRA and should ensure his/her details are correct in What's Brewing.
- To act as liaison between CAMRA centrally and members of the Branch Committee disseminating correspondence as and when required.
- To highlight to the Branch Chairman and the Committee any actions required or information that they need to aware of.
- To keep a correspondence file that can be accessed by other committee members.
Code of Conduct
- To refrain from putting forward any personal points of view in a public forum that is against CAMRA's policy or might bring the Campaign into disrepute.
- Time commitment
- This will depend on the size of the branch and how often it is contacted. Circa two hours a month is probably about average.
- Attendance at local Branch meetings is useful.
- Good writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Access to a computer and the internet
- Advice and guidance is available from Branch committee members and where, appropriate, people who have previously held the post.
- The CAMRA main website and the Branch website are also useful sources of information, as is the Branch pubs database if one exists.
- This role is often combined with another one on the Branch Committee. Branch Secretary is a typical one.