ku.gro.armac.llawnroc@rerusaert 07976 024877
Branch Treasurer Role Description
This role description is only a guideline and each branch may require something slightly different
Purpose of the Role
- To keep proper books of the Branch accounts and ensure all monies are credited to the branch bank account.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions of the Branch. These will include all payments made and received whether by cash or cheque and all money owing to or owed by the Branch including retaining documentary evidence of all transactions.
- Pay all debts promptly and within credit terms requested by the supplier
- Be aware of all accounts owing to the Branch, issue invoices and collect all money owing to the Branch.
- Maintain a list of all assets owned by the Branch.
- Prepare a Profit and Loss Account and Balance sheet annually, which shall include all Branch activities. Ensure these final accounts are audited before presenting to Branch AGM, Regional Director and CAMRA HQ.
- To monitor the turnover of the Branch and register the Branch for VAT if appropriate ensuring that any payment due is paid promptly.
Code of Conduct
- To ensure that the Branch complies with all financial policies set out in the Memorandum and Articles of Association of CAMRA Ltd, the Branch's Constitution and CAMRA's Internal Policy Document.
- This role will probably take circa 8 hours a month including trips to the bank etc. This could increase at key times, which could be the local beer festival for example, when a higher level of commitment might be required.
- Attendance Branch meetings is required on a regular basis.
- Good numerical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Access to a computer and basic excel skills
- Support is available from CAMRA's central Finance team.
- Advice and guidance on CAMRA policy is available from Branch chairman or Regional Director and where, appropriate, people who have previously held the post. Some regions also have a Regional Finance Officer, who can also assist.
- The CAMRA website is also a useful source of information.