Chapel an GansblydhenFore Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
This Wetherspoon branch was opened in December 2008 in a converted chapel originally built in 1840 to celebrate 100 years of Methodism, hence its name ('Centenary Chapel'). The front door is approached up an imposing flight of steps, whilst the interior has been tastefully adapted to create a two-storey pub to the Lloyds No. 1 format. The main (lower) bar offers two banks of four handpumps each, offering a mix of the usual Wetherspoons selection plus a few Cornish and other guest ales. A real log fire adds warmth in winter, and the original working chapel organ remains as a feature. The upstairs room offers a smaller selection from the beers down below, while the tops of the organ pipes form a central feature of the bar.