St Agnes Hotel11 Churchtown
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
This is a large, centrally located hotel in a historic village once associated with tin mining. It has undergone a number of name changes in its history - King's Arms, Commercial Hotel, Paull's Hotel, and finally from 1930, the St Agnes Hotel. The pleasant, welcoming single bar is full of local character and adorned with mining and nautical artefacts. Also now known locally as 'The Aggie', the hotel was originally established by a local mining company to provide 'comforts' for their workforce, including beer brewed on site. Since the miners were also paid there, the money soon returned to the company coffers! The licensees offer an interesting menu with a good selection of fresh fish, served in either the bar or a separate restaurant. The hotel opens at 08:00 for breakfast, and afternoon teas are also available from 14:30.