This is a friendly community pub in the village square, opposite the church and just outside Penzance. High beamed ceilings sit atop exposed stone walls. A stove is positioned in the seating area to the right of the L-shaped bar, whilst beyond the bar to the left, another generously-sized room with laminated wood floor is used as a dining area. The standard pair of permanent beers is supplemented by up to 3 other brews sourced from a wide variety of breweries. Games include shove-ha'penny, dominoes, chess and backgammon. Ensuite rooms are available. Once thatched and called the New Inn, the pub adopted its current name in 1942 when a member of the owning Bolitho family was killed while serving in the Coldstream Guards.