King of PrussiaTown Quay
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Originally a 15th century hotel rebuilt in 1856 on the site of an Elizabethan poor house, it is now a first floor pub, painted a tasteful pink and with lovely views across the harbour. The outside steps are off the town quay where there is pay parking in winter, a pedestrian zone with benches in summer. Drinks are allowed on the quay in plastic glasses during the summer. There is a small, cosy lounge area with overstuffed chairs near a gas fire at the end of the bar. The old original ground floor bar is now the Little Prussia restaurant open on weekends in winter and every night in summer. The six en-suite bedrooms have views over the estuary. Food is available 12:00-14:30 and 18:00-21:00 in winter, all day 12:00-21:30 in summer. Opening times may vary according to demand.