Young Persons Rep
Branch Young Members Contact Role Description
- This role description is only a guideline and each branch may require something slightly different
Purpose of the Role
- To be a contact for the young members of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) within the Branch boundaries.
- To act as liaison between the local young members and the Branch.
- To act as the contact point with the Regional Young Members Coordinator (if there is a postholder), and the central Membership Team.
- Working with the Branch Membership Secretary, keep an up to date list of young members within the Branch.
- To arrange social events for young members in the Branch area.
- To initiate and implement ideas to recruit new Young Members.
- To become involved in any special events that might give opportunities to meet with young people and recruit them to become CAMRA members.
- To distribute newsletters, or posters, in places that would be available to potential young members.
- To pay attention to media release from St Albans, and if appropriate draw young members attention to them.
- To feedback on Young Members activities to the Branch and Regional Young Members Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Work with the Branch Chairman and Membership Secretary to ensure that Young Members are discussed at Branch meetings.
Code of Conduct
- To refrain from putting forward any personal points of view to the media that is against CAMRA's policy or might bring the Campaign into disrepute.
- To liaise with the Branch Social Secretary to avoid clashes of dates of any socials.
- This role can take up as much time as you are prepared to give. Circa 2 hours a month is probably a minimum except at key times, which could be the local event eg a beer festival for example, when a higher level of commitment might be required.
- In addition, attendance at local branch meetings is useful.
- Postholder must be under 30.
- Good writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Access to a phone, a computer and the internet
- Support is available from CAMRA's membership team ku.gro.armac@pihsrebmem()
- Advice and guidance on CAMRA policy is available from branch committee members and where, appropriate, people who have previously held the post.
- The Regional Young Members Coordinator and CAMRA's Young Members Group can also help.
- The CAMRA members' website is also a useful source of information