ku.gro.armac.llawnroc@tropsnartcilbup 01566 779896
Purpose of the role
- Promote the use of public transport to all pub users as a method of getting to the pub, and especially in relation to rural pubs whose future viability has been impacted by drink-drive legislation.
- To work with the Pubs Campaigns Coordinator to ensure that accurate and complete public transport information is included for the pubs in the branch area on the WhatPub online guide.
- To develop ale trails based on public transport and promote these via all available channels, e.g. branch website, branch magazine and in the future via WhatPub.
- To promote any special campaigns from operating companies to use public transport for getting to pubs by all means available, i.e. branch website and branch magazine.
- To work with the social secretary organise branch socials using public transport, ensuring that these events are promoted to public as well as to CAMRA members.
- To work with the Branch Chairman to ensure that public transport is regularly raised as a topic at Branch meetings.
Code of conduct
- To refrain from putting forward any personal points of view to the media which are against CAMRA's policy or might bring the Campaign into disrepute.
- This role can take up as much time as you are prepared to give. Circa 2 hours a month is probably a minimum, except at key times, when a higher level of commitment might be required.
- Attendance at local Branch meetings is useful.
- Good writing skills; good interpersonal skills; and access to a computer and the internet.
- Experience of working in or with the public transport sector is an advantage, but is not essential.
- Support is available from CAMRA's Public Transport Support Group ku.gro.armac@gstp().
- Some regions also have a Regional Public Transport Coordinator, who can also help.
- The national members' website has a support area for public transport.
- The Campaigner will run articles on best practice, hints and tips from other branches from time to time.